Day 2 of the ‘Qatar Economic Forum, Powered by Bloomberg' Tackles the Future of Globalization and the Path to Equalized Economic Recovery
The second ‘Qatar Economic Forum, Powered by Bloomberg’ opened yesterday, under the high patronage of His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Amir of the State of Qatar. The Forum will convene over 75 mainstage speakers and more than 500 heads of state and business leaders to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, through the lens of the Middle East.
Highlights from the Day 2 sessions include:
● Opening address from His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Amir of the State of Qatar [video link]
Highlights from Session One: Equalizing the Global Recovery
• In Conversation with Prime Minister Garibashvili: H.E. Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Georgia, in conversation with John Micklethwait, Editor-in-Chief, Bloomberg [video link]
• Ensuring Energy for All: H.E. Shaikh Nawaf Saud Al-Sabah, Deputy Chairman & CEO, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation; H.E. Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, Minister of State for Energy Affairs, State of Qatar; President & CEO, QatarEnergy; Darren Woods, Chairman & CEO, ExxonMobil [video link]
o Read more about Woods’ remarks here.
o Read more about H.E. Al-Sabah’s comments on oil prices here.
• In Conversation with Elon Musk: Elon Musk, Technoking, Tesla, in conversation with John Micklethwait, Editor-in-Chief, Bloomberg
o Watch the full interview here.
o Read Musk’s comments on Trump in 2024 here and watch the video here.
o Read his comments on crypto and Dogecoin investments here and watch the video here.
o For Musk's comments on Tesla workforce cuts, read here and watch here.
o Five Takeaways From What Elon Musk Said at Qatar Economic Forum
Highlights from Session Two: Rethinking Globalization
• The New Reality for Financial Markets: Tidjane Thiam, Executive Chairman, Freedom Acquisition Corp. 1; H.E. Ghanem Al Ghenaiman, Managing Director, Kuwait Investment Authority; Jenny Johnson, President & CEO, Franklin Templeton [video link]
• A New Era for Globalization: Bob Moritz, Global Chairman, PwC; Ferit S. Şahenk, Chairman & CEO, Dogus Group; H.E. Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Qassim al-Thani, Minister of Commerce & Industry, State of Qatar [video link]
• The Supply Chain Crisis: Abdulrahman Salim Al Hatmi, Group CEO, Asyad Group; Hon. Dr. Fred Matiang'i, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Interior & Coordination of National Government, Republic of Kenya; H.E Ahmad al-Sayed, Minister of State & Chairman, Qatar Free Zones Authority, State of Qatar; Martina Merz, CEO, ThyssenKrupp [video link]
Highlights from Session Three: The New Energy Paradigm
• Rebalancing the Global Energy Market: Russell Hardy, Group CEO, Vitol [video link]
• Africa: The World’s Rising Energy Power?: Tewodros Ashenafi, Chairman & CEO, Southwest Holdings; Jennifer Comalie, Chairperson, National Petroleum Corporation of Namibia [video link]
o Read more about Comalie’s remarks here.
• A Fair and Pragmatic Transition: Darius Adamczyk, Chairman & CEO, Honeywell [video link]
• Financing the New Green Economy: Bill Winters, Group Chief Executive, Standard Chartered [video link]
Highlights from Session Four: Where to Invest Right Now
• Diversifying for 21st Century Prosperity: H.E. Dr. Mohamed Ahmed Maait, Minister of Finance, Arab Republic of Egypt; H.E. Ali bin Ahmed al-Kuwari, Minister of Finance, State of Qatar [video link]
• In Conversation with President Tokayev: H.E. Kassym-Jomart K. Tokayev, President of the Republic of Kazakhstan [video link]
• In Conversation with H.E. Mansoor Bin Ebrahim Al-Mahmoud: H.E. Mansoor Bin Ebrahim Al-Mahmoud, CEO, Qatar Investment Authority [video link]
o Read more about H.E. Al-Mahmoud’s take on crypto and blockchain here.
• The Inflation Test: Nouriel Roubini, Chairman & CEO, Roubini Macro Associates; H.E. Sheikh Bandar bin Mohammed bin Saoud al-Thani, Governor, Qatar Central Bank [video link]
o Read more about Roubini’s outlook for the U.S. economy, Federal Reserve policy, and the implications for financial markets here.
Highlights from Session Five: The Future of Africa
• In Conversation with President Kagame: H.E. Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda [video link]
• In Conversation with President Gnassingbé: H.E. Faure Gnassingbé, President of the Republic of Togo [video link]
Day 3 of the ‘Qatar Economic Forum, Powered by Bloomberg’ will begin at 8:00 AM local Doha time (UTC +3) on Wednesday, June 22. For the latest updates on the speaker line-up and the agenda, visit: Qatar Economic Forum | Agenda (qef2022.com)
*Watch the livestream here and follow coverage on Bloomberg.com. Keep updated on Bloomberg news coverage on the Forum here.
*Access event digital assets on the dedicated Flickr site here
*Transcripts available on request
● Clips must retain the branding, or have ‘Qatar Economic Forum, Powered by Bloomberg’ clearly visible on-screen in text at all times
● All video footage must be accompanied by a verbal on-air reference to ‘Qatar Economic Forum, Powered by Bloomberg’
● Maximum individual clip length no more than 2 minutes; not to exceed a total of 6 minutes per segment
● 48 hour limited play, no archiving
● Live stream and VOD clips must be embedded from Bloomberg.com or Bloomberg Live YouTube
● Clips cannot be uploaded directly onto any external website, unless appearing within the context of a broadcast segment
● Clips must be accompanied by a reference to the ‘Qatar Economic Forum, Powered by Bloomberg’ and must include a link back to Bloomberg.com
Posted by : Qatar and Doha City PR Network Editorial Team Viewed 6277 times PR Category :Events & Exhibitions Posted on : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 9:30:00 AM UAE local time (GMT+4)
Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of QatarPRNetwork.com.
Previous Story : ‘Qatar Economic Forum, Powered by Bloomberg': Interview wit...
Next Story : Al Meera Celebrates the World Food Safety Day 2022