Virtuocity; one of Leisure’s parks at Doha Festival City, continues to expand its support to the eSports industry in Qatar
Doha, Qatar – 27 January 2020: Virtuocity is pleased to announce that it has signed a sponsorship agreement with Ahmad Al Meghessib. This deal comes as part of Virtuocity’s commitment to maintain and expand its support to eSports communities in Qatar & the region.
Virtuocity is keen to provide the eSports sector in Qatar & the region with the world’s latest technology and a unique experience. “Virtuocity will be the training ground for Ahmad Al Meghessib providing him the complete infrastructure that an athlete like him needs. With this collaboration we want to show the local community that you can build a professional career in eSports. Video games are not just games, they can be your path to a six-figure career” said Stefan Negru, Virtuocity Center Manager.
Ahmad Al Meghessib is a professional football and eSports player who is currently in the Qatari National Team, as well as the PSG eSports team. Since 2015, Al Meghessib successfully participated in the biggest e-sports tournaments, including the 2017 FIFA Interactive World Cup Qualifiers, and was a winner of Mini Cooper FIFA Challenge Champion.
“Whether I am training for my next event or a major tournament, I need the right environment for preparation, so I can perform at the highest level” AL Meghessib said. “Virtuocity offers the most comfortable & professional gaming environment I’ve ever experienced, while also providing world-class technology. I’m excited to be part of Virtuocity and look forward to working closely with them”, he added.
The announcement took place at Virtuocity, one of Leisure’s parks at Doha Festival City. Leisure is the owner and operator of Virtuocity, SnowDunes and Angry birds World, and is the entertainment hub of Doha Festival City.
This announcement was no coincidence. Earlier this month Doha Festival City entertainment hub ‘Leisure’ reopened as part of the gradual lifting of restrictions on recreational activities. With this opening Leisure parks; Virtuocity, SnowDunes and Angry birds World, aspire to bring the best in the industry to its customers.
Leisure’s theme parks are open from 1pm to 10 pm from Sunday to Wednesday, from 2pm to 12am on Thursday and Friday, and from 11am to 9pm on Saturdays. All theme parks adhere to the toughest Covid-19 safety measures to ensure visitors can entertain with peace of mind and in the safest of environments. All staff across the theme parks have received thorough training and will adhere to the following protocols;
• Mandatory Ehteraz app checks at the entrance to theme parks for all visitors except children, with only green code holders allowed to enter;
• Temperature checks will also be carried out at the entrance to the parks, and any individual with temperature exceeding 38 degrees Celsius will be denied entry to the site;
• Wearing medical masks will be required as well, and visitors will have to maintain a safe distance of two meters minimum.
• Theme parks employess will oversee the respect of social distancing, supported by signs installed across the parks reminding visitors about social distansing and PPR wearing requirements.
• All rides, attractions and infrastructure of theme parks will be continuously sanitized and hand sanitizing stations will be installed throughout the parks‘ areas.