• P&G and its brands will make their next wave of donations for COVID-19 relief including health, hygiene and cleaning products, PPE and financial support worth tens of millions of dollars as the first “acts of good” for 2021.
• Lead with Love campaign unites P&G’s longstanding and ongoing Citizenship efforts of Community Impact, Equality & Inclusion, and Environmental Sustainability.
• Unveiled through a powerful new creative film, “Emotions,” P&G invites everyone to make 2021 the year we all come together to do more and do better.
December 19, 2020: Today, Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) is announcing a commitment to 2,021 acts of good for 2021, starting with its next major wave of contributions of health, hygiene and cleaning products, personal protective equipment (PPE), and financial support collectively worth tens of millions of dollars for COVID-19 relief efforts.
These acts of good represent the next chapter of P&G’s Lead with Love consumer campaign, which includes a call to action to make 2021 the year we all come together to do more and do better – for communities, equality and our planet. P&G is bringing this to life through a new Lead with Love film, “Emotions,” which highlights the eight emotions humans are born with and why love is the most powerful.
“P&G people believe we have a responsibility to society, and we will continue to step up and step forward to use our reach and resources to be both a force for good and a force for growth,” said David Taylor, P&G Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer. “As the world turns to 2021, P&G is committing to lead through acts of good that will have a lasting, positive impact on people and communities around the world.”
P&G is mobilizing the power and reach of its trusted brands to deliver on its commitment of 2,021 acts of good. These acts will include new programs that will be announced throughout the year, as well as longstanding programs which will have new impacts in 2021. For example:
• In the Middle East & Africa, P&G will continue distributing products and PPE to underserved communities, with ongoing support for partner organizations focused on disaster relief, gender equality and environmental sustainability.
• P&G will continue to support online learning programmes for children of determination in the UAE.
“As we reach the end of this year, we are proud to have stepped up in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, by contributing and donating millions in product, PPE and monetary donations within our communities in the Middle East & Africa,” said Omar Channawi, CEO, P&G Middle East, East & West Africa and General Export Markets. “We continue to step up and support relief workers in Saudi Arabia and UAE, mentored students in the UAE, and donated Safeguard handwashing units in Nigeria to the Ministry of Health and State Governments to promote hygienic practices. We also quickly acted to provide donations and relief efforts following the tragedy in Beirut.”
P&G has supported communities and consumers through unexpected challenges for more than 180 years – and stepped up to provide significant support for COVID-19 relief, equality and the environment in 2020. In addition to donating tens of millions of dollars in funds, product, and in-kind support to provide COVID-19 relief this year, P&G established the Take On Race Fund, continued its series of films such as The Choice that shine a light on inequality, and achieved several important sustainability goals, including sending zero manufacturing waste to landfill across all P&G manufacturing sites globally. P&G also announced an acceleration of its climate actions through “It’s Our Home,” its newest climate commitment to be carbon neutral for the decade. Under the Lead with Love campaign efforts, P&G will further grow the reach and impact of positive action for communities, equality and the environment.